Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daily Wear: Black, Grey, and a Fancy Hat!

Hi guys,
Yesterday Mike and I went to a friends wedding: it was a beautiful ceremony, and when the happy couple read their vows to each other there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Thank God I was wearing a water proof mascara!

To those of you that were worried about my poor ankle, you'll be pleased to note I wore my flat grey suede wedges from River Island instead of my heels, and avoiding doing too much salsa dancing (although I couldn't resist joining in when the girls started doing the limbo!) The dress was from Primark, the cardigan is Topshop. The bag is Marc b and I accessorised really simply with my me and Zeena rabbit ring and my Disney Couture bottle necklace.

Here's what it looked like:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's a close up of the hat: I got this for 50p from a car boot sale a couple of years ago, and have never had a reason to wear it. It's 100% wool and has this really great red veil and crazy feather detailing: the red is even more vibrant than it looks in these pictures, if possible! I do love weddings as a good excuse to get dressed up (even if I was the only guest wearing a hat! Oops!)
Photobucket
I think I managed to strike the balance between the formality of the event and the couple's natural casual natures quite well though. And I thought Mike scrubbed up well too, in his Next suit and Topman shirt. I very rarely see him out of jeans and a Tshirt, so it made a nice change!

I love going to weddings, and it made us very excited to realise that our next one of the season will be ours - yikes!!

Love, Tor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment