Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fabfrocks at Home: Decorating for Christmas

Hi guys,
It's that time of the year again! When I look out my window I can see the soft glow of Christmas tree lights in almost every flat and house around me: people are preparing for the big day, and so are we. My Christmas tree has been up for weeks! I love Christmas and I love decorating my house for Christmas: it's a relaxing ritual that prepares you and your home for the craziness to come!
Photobucket
My tree isn't exactly traditional: it's more of an eclectic mish-mash of all the things I like: hence the lights shaped like rabbits (a steal at just £5 from a local carboot sale) the skull and deer baubles (both available from Paperchase) and the ice cream cone bauble from Harrods. I think it's more important that you love each bauble or that they mean something that that everything matches.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As well as decorating my tree I also decorate my table. I have a big red Christmas table cloth, an Advent ring as my centre piece, Christmas place mats, and even salt and pepper shakers shaped like Santa! In the kitchen I have a Christmas dinner service (covered in Polar bears) and two sets of Christmas mugs (you can pick up similar ones from Debenhams if you're feeling inspired!)Photobucket
Finally in a new addition for this Christmas, I built a sleigh using a cardboard box and some red and silver wrapping paper. We're hosting Christmas for the first time this year, meaning 6 people will be squeezed into my two bedroom flat. As well as looking fantastic (and perfect for my nephew's first Christmas) it has a practical function too: it will keep all the presents organised and in one place, rather than spread all over the house when we're so space-restricted!

What have you done to your house for Christmas? Have you put your tree up yet? I'd love to hear if you have any great ideas on how to make a big festive impact on a low budget too!

Love Tor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment