Thursday, August 27, 2009

To jegging, or not to jegging?

Since the word jegging was first coined, I began to wonder if jean leggings are jeggings, are jean dresses jresses? Anyway. You may or may not have noticed that I very very rarely wear trousers; in fact, I only own two pairs of trousers (both jeans) which I wear occasionally for slobby weekends around the house and erm, DIY. However, despite myself and my initial dislike, I have started to like the look of jeggings. I feel that they would add extra interest to my layered outfits and i'm starting to get a little fed up of the predictability of wearing my black leggings under everything! So imagine my delight at seeing these incredibly affordable jeggings (just £15) from New Look's new Yes Yes denim range! In sizes 8-26, this range is affordable in the extreme; the range starts at £10 and tops out at £2o!
I am a big fan of the super skinnies from the range; I just don't think I want to get used to having tight bulky fabric around my waist again (I wore jeans everyday when I was a teenager and had to be coaxed out them by my mother once to go to a wedding-it took a long time to wean myself off them and now i'm used to the feeling of freedom you get with a dress!)
But if they were in a softer gentle stretch fabric, I would definitely be prepared to give it a go; especially as winter approaches where a thicker fabric legging/jean under my floaty dresses would be perfect for keeping me warm and still looking stylish!
.
Only time will tell if the low prices mean poor quality, but in the images the collection certainly looks impressive; i'm sure this cliche will be all over the tabloids, but it really is like credit crunch jean shopping isn't it? But whilst still managing to look all gorgeous and glamour: love it!And despite my initial reservations I think I will be popping down to Oxford Street tomorrow to give those jeggings a try!
.
Love, Tor xx
.

No comments:

Post a Comment