Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily wear: Back to the day job

Despite my hand still being out of action, today was my first day back at the office, and it really was a beautiful day for it. Having spent the best part of the last fortnight at home, I had missed the season changing and was delighted to spend my walk home kicking fallen golden leaves and enjoying the chill in the air.
Photobucket
Going back to work after a break at this time of the year had a decidedly "back to school" feeling, so I opted for work-uniform black, but with a twist. I wore a military style black dress (primark) with a black and gold studded belt (matalan) and black leggings (topshop) I went for a black studded body bag (miss selfridge) simply for one handed ease, and broke up the black with my vintage lace up boots (which I picked up at a boot sale for £2, and which my sister refers to as victorian pedophile boots) and my favourite leopard fur coat (river island) which the boyfriend brought for me last Christmas.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I didn't have anyone to take the pictures for me, so I experimented with my self timer for the first time and didn't quite get the angles right; I hope that explains the dodgy self-portrait shots, but I do look forward to getting better at it! Here are some of the outfit details set in the great outdoors- I was so excited not to be stuck in the house that I couldn't resist:
Photobucket
I collect brooches and adore cameos: I have loads of them! This particular lady was an MA graduation gift from my boyfriend
Photobucket
Bag from Miss Selfridges. £10 in the sale. Bargain!
Photobucket
This ring is so oversized it fills my whole hand!! Also Miss Selfridges. £9.

Looking at these pictures has also made me realise how long my hair is getting; it really needs colouring, and hasn't been cut for ages. However I don't dislike it the length it is. What do you think? To leave it to grow, or to cut it back into its usual bob? Decisions decisions!!

Love, Tor xx

PS - It's good to be back, and usual daily blogging should now resume (albeit typed slowly!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment