Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fab Frocks reviews: Gok Wan shapewear

When Simply Yours got in touch and told me that they were releasing their Gok Wan shapewear in hot pink I knew I had to give it a try, because although I am a big fan of shapewear (you have to be when you have my lumpy hips and pot belly!!) the black and beige stuff spilling out of my drawers is the very opposite of attractive (a complete passion killer in fact!) The idea of hot pink shapewear appealed because you wouldn't be embarrassed if a hint of pink bra strap was revealed; in fact, it might add a little something to your outfit!!

My first thought when I opened the package was "scary!!" With it's double layered fabric and hooks and eyes everywhere, I had no idea how I was going to get it on without doing myself an injury (just putting them on my lap to inspect laddered my tights!) but once on, the hooks and eyes become almost invisible, and what you are left with is a sleek silohuette that is suprisingly sexy!
The thing that most impressed me about the two pieces I tried (the sassy slip and the curve controller) was the attention to detail. Both had a silk gok wan print trim to the bra cups and removable pads, so that you could control how much cleavage was on display. The double layered detail actually added to the control and the sassy slip was built from panels to further cinch in the hips and waist. Oh, and both came with removable multiway straps, and clear straps too.The sassy slip was by far the sexiest of the two pieces and also the most restrictive: although I could still breathe, I was very aware that I was wearing it.
Rest assured that unfortunately I look nothing like this sexy lady in this one-piece, but it certainly is this sexy!!

One aspect of the detailing I didnt like was the little bell between the cups: it looks and sounds like a cat bell, and people can hear you coming from yards away; not an attractive look! The bell was only secured with one stitch though, so it was very easy to remove. Unless the tinkly cat thing is for you: each to their own, as my mum always says!

Overall I was impressed by the look and feel of the shapewear (on the body, if not off!)
Good work SimplyYours, and good work Gok Wan!

Love, Tor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment