Saturday, February 20, 2010

LFW AW10: Hanako Narahira at A la Mode

There were eight designers at the a la mode show. Six of these were nice, but nothing to write home about; Two however were really fun to watch. The first of these was Hanako Narahira; an experimental knitwear designer who studied at Central St Martins.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The knits were oversized, and I loved the giant woolen plaits. There was a lot of use of neon, which I feel we've seen before in knitwear collections, but I love to see designers who have fun with knitwear; knitting has a reputation for being such an elderly occupation, and this is ripe for subversion!

So many different colours and textures of wool were used and I loved seeing the lurex with the touch of sparkle. I don't know enough about knitting techniques to review this properly, so i'm just going to let the images speak for themselves:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Seeing shows like this makes me realise there just isn't enough knitwear in my life!

Love, Tor

*A la mode is an off schedule show organised by La Geneve North - you might remember this, because I invited you all to attend a couple of months ago!
Photobucket
Style Compare has over 6,000 dresses by more than 350 labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment