Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily wear: Taking it to the max!

On Sunday I went for a brief shopping trip in High Barnet (home of all about 10 shops!) and in a nasty cheap looking shop called "prodigy", where all the dresses are less than £10, I fell in love with a pair of maxi dresses in the window. 5 minutes, one weird curtain (instead of a changing room) and £20 later, and both dresses were mine - maybe it shows you shouldn't trust a book (or a dress!) by its cover! Today I decided to try one out:
Photobucket
I am newly in love with maxi dresses - they're flattering, and keep you really cool when the weather gets hot whilst still protecting your modesty. I teamed mine with last years blue sandals from Primark, a chunky green bangle from Miss Selfridges, my favourite Joy bag, and a necklace I made myself by pulling together the charms from all my necklaces that had broken chains.

I also painted my nails in lilac to match: the colour is palmer violet from 17, and I really love the shade but am disappointed with the quality of the varnish: it's the first time i've ever tried 17 varnish before and it seems to peel of almost as soon as I put it on. I've now given this colour three attempts and it is yet to stay on my nails for more than one day - definite nail varnish fail.

Overall I like the affect of the outfit - perfect for a day out in the sun, or for sitting in my office, which doesn't have any air conditioning!!

Love, Tor x

* Technically this is a yester-daily wear post - I wrote this yesterday but blogger was playing up so I couldn't get it published!

PS - If you haven't already I would be eternally grateful if you could vote for me in the sarenza blogger challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment