Thursday, January 29, 2009

When I grow up....

...I want to dress just like this lady!
.
I haven't ever done a street style post before: mostly because i'm waaay to shy to approach people on the street and ask them if I can take their picture! But when I saw this fabulous looking woman on the bus back from lunch with my sister, I just couldn't resist getting my camera out.
.
As the song sort of goes, its not that easy wearing green. But with confidence obviously in the blue bags alongside her shopping, she does just that:

I love this coat and matching hat combo. And the green really was this vibrant; almost Kermit the frog green. Having seen it close up, I suspect the fur was real. But although I wouldn't wear it myself I certainly enjoyed looking at it and don;t feel its my place to judge. And check out those big gold buttons? I've been looking for buttons like that for my old black coat for weeks!
.
Its not just the hat and coat that were to love though; Mrs Green had also paid such attention to detail! Her leather gloves, oversized bag and shoes (with a slight heel I hope you note, which is more than impressive at her age) looked fabulous!
.
I always imagined myself growing old disgracefully, probably in early nineties Versace, AbFab style, but now I might be changing my mind. It seems there's sophistication can have its own attention grabbing personality too, if you throw yourself into it.
.
Lady on the bus, whose name I wish I knew, I salute you and your brave fashion choices!
.
Love Tor x

No comments:

Post a Comment