Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fabfrocks loves: Fairytales and Post it notes

I first heard about fairytales and post it notes when I saw some of their whimsical jewellery on the Kingdom of style blog. Then they popped up in the left side bar somewhere as one of the project wonderful advertisers, and I knew it was time to give their website a good look over. And boy, did I like what I saw!
.
I've already said it, but whimsical is the first word that springs to mind when you see this jewellery. You could also use quirky, but i'm not a big fan of that word: it's been too overused! Anyway, i'm rambling, and what I should be doing is showing you jewels you would sell your grandma for. Not that you would need to sell your grandma: this stuff is available for pocket money prices!
.
Here are the most covetable pieces:
Divers helmet necklace, £18
Curiouser and curiouser ring, £6.50 (this is by far my favourite!)
Birdcage necklace, £16
.
The blurb on the site sums it up better than I can: "Taking inspiration from all that is Vintage, Romantic and Mischievous we spend our time creating pretty pieces of jewellery " The whole website is like a walk in wonderland.
.
As Alice in Wonderland becomes more and more in vogue (thank you Tim Burton and beautiful Johnny Depp) I think the popularity of this kind of jewellery can only increase; perfect for dressing up and dressing down and always making a statement. And that can only be a good thing!
.
Love, Tor x

No comments:

Post a Comment